Saturday, July 28, 2012

Low and Slow...watch out for that frog!

This past Friday was the two week mark before graduation and then I embark on my journey to Thailand for three weeks. I know these next two weeks are going to fly by. Right now as I write this (I write my blog posts before I get to a cafe due to the slow connection and power outages that happen...so I have to type this quick like...kinda like how a ninja would write a blog)I m sitting in our base's prayer hut observing seven groom waiting for their soon to be brides to come back from their dress fitting (i get to experience my first Africian wedding...with seven couples in one day on Sunday! these brides are really excited. The base has dresses donated to them so they get to pick out their dress that they want to wear.) it's quite the event in the prayer hut. We have the grooms waiting, the brides coming and going, village kids everywhere, and our three week 24-7 prayer going on. Hee Hee! One of the core values of Iris is to go low and slow. she gives the example of how Jesus came into the world not as a grown man but as a small babe. He was helpless and had to grow up in this culture. She says that that we can use that same concept as we enter different cultures. To ready ourselves to come in a culture as a little babe willing to learn and grow from others in that same culture and not be a know-it-all. I've been thinking how we can use that same concept to when we start living in the kingdom of God and using His gifts. We can get so quick to be discouraged because we aren't totally confident in certain gifts or having this huge prophetic voice..or have some amazing ministry...or even living as a child of God. I ve seen so many people stuck. Are we willing to come as lil babes ready to learn and grow. I guess the person who would teach us about this kingdom culture would be the Holy Spirit...are we willing to grow with Him? Like everyone always says "God wants to be in the process". Another fun roomie story: so to recap, 13 girls live in a lil cute house. We started finding this poisonous frog that would appear in our bathroom. We couldn't find out where this lil sucker would come from. One day there isn't some frog in the bathroom Nd then the next day there the sucker would be again. We couldn't figure out how this demon frog got in the bathroom. We could keep the door closed, we rebuked it, we studied the drains( it was too large for a drain ) so the logical place we decided where it came from was the...toilet. For weeks, we were so scared to use the toilet. Crazy thoughts of this demon frog jumping out while we were on the pot haunted us. Then one day, one roomie was in the bathroom and out came the sucker from the broken wall tile. Lesson learned. Frogs don't swim up toliet drains to scare 13 girls....and if this fact isn't true, please don't tell me. Hee Hee. Thanks for all your prayers! especially while I was in the bush bush! I ll send a letter when I get back home! Lovey yous!

No comments:

Post a Comment