Hi, Friends!
This is my official blog I will be using while I am away....sooo...ummmm. Here it is! :)
To recap: I have been accepted into the Harvest School in June with Iris Ministries founded by Roland and Heidi Baker. I along with 300 other students from across the world and 250 local pastors will be together on an Iris compound that also houses 200 motherless/fatherless children. During the day, I will be in class with the students and local pastors and then late afternoons/weekends, I will be on teams who will go out and do outreaches..anywhere and everywhere. Whether it's to the bush bush, visiting other villages, prisons, or hospitals, etc.
When class ends in Aug, I will then travel with a team of ten people to Thailand. For twenty days I will be traveling around to three different ministries (Due to privacy,they will be unnamed) to share the unconditional love and freedom of Jesus Christ with sex trafficking victims, prostitutes, and all those entangled in the strongholds of perversion and poverty. We will be there to build relationships, provide hope, intervention, rescue and assistance to women and children exploited in the sex industry.
Why am I leaving? I have always known that Iris Ministries was a group of people that I really identified with. Below this post, you can watch a video and catch the heart of this ministry. Such a simple phrase… and yet it could change the world. When people ask me what I want to do or dream that I have, my heart’s whisper has been to learn how to love more. That is what I have always desired. When I reach out to people, I can feel the Love of the Father for those people. It’s like a pool that I just get saturated with and pour out to others. I have to come recognize that feeling. I have known that it’s not me. It’s him. He longs to release himself through us. I feel that this place will be able to teach me even more as I position myself with Jesus during this time. I have two life verses both tattooed on my feet. One of the verses is Isaiah 61. It’s part of my DNA. Speaking of DNA, I saw this quote that said” Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins” heh heh…I likey. I asked my tattoo artist if I could get glitter inked on me but alas nothing has worked yet to try that ;)
Thank you for all the encouragement, financial support, and prayers. My heart overflows with blessings with what you have poured into me. Thank you!
To receive e-mail updates telling you when I've posted my latest blog entry, please do the following:
1.Scroll to the top of this page.
2. Type your e-mail address in the white empty bar located under the title, "The Whisperings of a Traveler's Heart."
3. Follow the instructions after that :)
1.Scroll to the top of this page.
2. Type your e-mail address in the white empty bar located under the title, "The Whisperings of a Traveler's Heart."
3. Follow the instructions after that :)
My prayer requests right now are:
- just say “no” to malaria. Let my pills I take each day be effective
- let my luggage arrive to Pemba with me.. on the day that I arrive J
- More. I want more of Him. I want so much more, it moves me to tears. I know that there is something where I am going that I am going to receive.
Lovey yous!
We're so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteI am practicing to help Grandma post on this blog.
ReplyDeleteSecond try! We'll get this done!!
ReplyDeleteI love you
ReplyDeleteGod loves you too!!!
ReplyDeleteWe did it!
ReplyDelete