Monday, May 28, 2012


Psalm 73

Yet I still belong to you
You hold my right hand
You guide me with your counsel
Leading me to a glorious destiny
Whom have I in heaven but you
I desire you more than anything on earth
My heath my fail and my spirit may grow weak
But God remains the strength of my heart
He is mine forever
What a journey this has already been.  From the moment that I dreamed of going,  it has started this crazy ride I feel so privileged to go on.

I caught myself talking to what seemed to be myself.  I was just telling the Holy Spirit what a better idea he had of how I needed to do my errands. I usually don’t talk out loud ...too much. It’s usually chatter in my heart but today,  it was such a fabulous catch I just started talking.  I didn’t realize that it was out loud and there was a lady walking next to me until we almost entered the store.  It made me giggle as I opened the door for her. I wonder what she thought.  She seemed to quicken her pace the closer we got. It made me think of how lucky we are to have an invitation to have real relationship with our God. My heart hasn’t stopped soaring with thankfulness since I came back to the Father.  It’s true about the prodigal story ( Luke 15)  in the bible.  The Father always runs towards you when you start to come back home. Once and a while I would wonder if this party would somehow simmer down but for the last six years it’s been getting even crazier.  That isn’t to say that it hasn’t been hard but ...oh my, the unspeakable joy…the promise to go from Glory to Glory is for us. I’m a walking-breathing-dancing testimony of the Power of the Blood.
As I pack, yet again, I thought back to how many times I have moved. When I was out on the streets, I stopped counting when it got to be around twenty times. I’ve lived all around the cities, in storage units, cars, abandoned places,  and parking lots. You name it, I lived there. Since coming out of that, I will be moving for the fifth time. This time I am putting my stuff in a storage unit (lucky me, I won’t be living in one). While packing my stuff into boxes, my heart again just soars with thankfulness. Packing for me is now like a memory stone. It reminds me of where I have come and what the Father has done...and where I am GOING!
I leave tomorrow.  So excited.  I have a six-leg flight that will take around 2.5 days of travel. I’m meeting up with people on the third leg of my journey in South Africa, which I am happy about. There are so many people right now flying into the same place that I heard that most of the people on the planes when you get to Africa will be students going to the same place :)  I was able to cram all the stuff into my luggage...it only took  two more trips to the store, a few moments  of curling up in the fetal position wondering how I was going to do this, two dance parties in my room and three vacuum sealer bags later :) 
I received an e-mail that mentioned that there are a couple of Internet cafes in the city but they can be very slow and can take hours to send a quick e-mail due to the speed.  I will be sending updates as much as I can while I am there.  If for whatever reason I can’t (or there are only a few posts that  I can write), I will be writing in my journal the entire time and will send  those entries to this blog when I get back.
w
Something about me? I love music. I soak mai face all the time in worship. Which sometimes can look like Christian rap or dubstep ;) Anywho, I have been listening to this song since Jan when they played it on ibetheltv.  The whole worship set is AMAZING (and free to listen to) I also found this song from that set on you tubey…enjoy!
 I just can’t even begin to tell you how thankful I am for each encouraging note, support, and just straight out love that has been poured into me from you. 
 
Lovey yous!
p.s. pray for my luggage to arrive safety when I get there...at the same time :)

1 comment:

  1. We heard from Iris that you made it safely. Yay!

    Of course, they didn't mention anything about your luggage...

    ReplyDelete