It's only the fourth day of class and already there was been so much going on, i could really come home now and be marked for life.
Let's back up a few days :) I arrived here a week ago! Thank you to everyone who prayed for my travels. It was 2.5 days of travel sleeping in planes, people watching during my long layover in Chicago (got to pray for a man who needed healing! He was so surprised that it worked) 'n' London and being adopted by this really cute grandma like person (miss you gramoos!) that wanted to hold hands as we got off the plane in J'berg in South Africa (leg 3 of 7)..and she kept holding my hand until customs.
I was greeted by Africa in the plane with one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen. Once in J'berg I joined 50 other students and traveled the rest of the way. With luggage in hand (!!!!!) I was greeted by some of the amazing staff who cheered and partied with us as each person came out of the airport. We jumped into a flatbed truck and got to the base. There we were greeted with even more people.
My first full day at the base was the very popular children's day which is like a holiday to the villages. We fed, hung out and played games with about 4,000 children. They got toys, chicken, pop and lollypops. I don't know who had more fun...us or the kids.
I had my first four hour church service and you can believe it that I was up front dancing around with everyone. it was so much fun. There are such beautiful kids everywhere. Anywhere you go, there are these children. it's kinda hard to communicate with them. I will be taking a language class to help. Honestly, right now it's okay that we can't really talk. I can feel my heart talking to them. I can feel their little hands in mine or hear their laughter as I make a fool of myself :) Our eyes can say so much without words.
I can't believe that it has only been four days of class. It's been so rich. In the mornings and afternoons we have classes (M and W we are with the moz pastors--they are so humble and loving. I can't tell you how much I have cried just hanging out with them. They have such stories and such hope in Jesus...and they can be really really fun) Worship here is so rich. There is always spontanous worship going on during the evening at the base and we have worship before every class.The teachers are just unbelieveable. Its so crazy who comes here and is willing to teach, impart and love on our class.
Gotta run! Thank you for all your prayers!!! Keep em coming!
lovey yous!
God's living water from the vine to the branch to grow stronger and grow fruit for others to live.
ReplyDeleteExceeding abundance, Lord!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I can so see Jesus in your heart and eyes! Bless you, m'dear!
ReplyDeleteI cried all the way through as I read this. Your reports are so YOU: the one who prays with a total stranger and then he is healed; the one who lets an unrelated grandma into her heart and holds hands with her; the one who loves to dance and celebrate, and especially with God's people; the one who laughs and loves children; the one who is humbled by the local pastors; the one who wants to grab every nugget of truth and life around her. YOU are ALI!
ReplyDelete