Saturday, September 22, 2012

Soakin mai face

I’m baaaack! It’s great being home with family and friends. It has so touched my heart with all the warm wishes and greetings from so many! It’s been two weeks being back already! It’s crazy how much time has flown. Just adjusting to life. Culture shock has mainly consisted of seeing people’s knees… and my own knees and seeing so much space everywhere. There has been the occasional awkward moment of walking up to one of those automatic doors waiting for it to open only realizing many moments later that I was facing the wrong door.  Luckily for me, I had my sister  there to laugh with me about it. My mind still goes to the moment when I boarded my third connection to Dubai on my way to Thailand. It was a really nice plane and I hadn't sat on a comfy seat like that in two months. They gave me a menu. As I looked at the appetizer, first course,  second course, and then desert, i had tears running down my eyes.  To be honest, there were tears for two reasons. One was that they were serving cheese. I was so happy to eat cheese. I had a taste of cheese once while I was there but that was it. It was just too expensive to get. I also know I teared up because here I was suddenly, sitting on this nice seat, looking at a menu on a plane that was a nicer meal then anything those villages could ever dream of. Remembering the faces of hunger.

My daddy gave me this verse that I have soaked my face in the last few weeks: "I am not saying this because I am in need, but I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know it is to be in need, and i know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all though him who gives me strength" Phil 4:11-13  I keep thinking of this verse. To learn how to be content whatever the circumstances. What does it mean to us to be content?  Are we applying what we think our needs are in order to be content? Or do we trust that He knows what we need in order to be content. I don't think being content means staying in one place. I think  being content wherever we are is  knowing that it is his strength that we can do all things. So it doesn't really matter where, exactly. I could keep opening this up more but I am too excited to post the pics :)

I have stored so much in my heart. All the gold I discovered in people, the stories, the testimonies, what I saw, what was taught, along with many miracles. Some people may consider this a wonderful end to a life changing trip, although what I feel in my heart, that this was a wonderful beginning...

Thank you to everyone for your love, support and prayers. I could not have done this without you. I might keep up this blog...so feel free to unsubscribe Haha :)  

Below is a short video that I thought you might like. It s a fun way to explain my time. See if you can find me in the dancing clip!  Also I posted a few pictures that I thought you would enjoy.
Lovey yous!
 

Harvest School 16  <---- click on this link for the video!

The girl in the pink was found under a coconut tree on the beach at night in Thailand and that day she gave her life to the Lord!


 This pic was NOT taken by me :) This was on the student compound on the base. I lived in one of those houses!


 Kids Day! We fed over 4,000 kids that day. It took all day to feed all of them. Some of them got to experience what chicken tastes like for the first time.


 This was the village that surrounds the base that I went to a lot


 In Bangkok, this was part of the  party that we hosted in the red light district from my blog



 I would like to introduce you to Harvest School 16:


 Waiting behind the lines at the airport to welcome the new Iris plane and poppa R! 


Another view of part of the village


Bush Bush Outreach! Showing the film!


 My beloved prayer hut :) The entire base did a three week 24-7 prayer sets


 Thailand team in one of the slums we did outreach at


 A typical class day at school in Pemba 


On outreach to the bush bush. The ride was eight hours. Four of the hours were on a dirt road

 Most babies would burst into tears when they would see a white person and the other kids int the bush would be afraid to come close to you until you pulled out your camera :) Can you even see me?

Another day, just hitchhiking around :) 


My room and lovely house mates


 In Thailand:  walking street


Thailand team! 


Thailand: This precious young treasure from the "bars" was allowed to come with us as long as we promised to bring her back in time for work. I will never forget her and her story.


Thailand: At a skateboard ministry making sandwiches for the prison ministry we would do the next day

 Bush bush outreach, you know just walking around going doing treasure hunts with just a few tag alongs :) 


House 15. 13 girls bumped into each other, we loved and cried with one another. We ate peanut butter on spoons and we did life together. (aaaand we were in the talent show by doing a fabulous stomp dance hand awesomeness thingy)

No comments:

Post a Comment