so i m wearing boots again. Today was the first day. Yep. It’s been cold on the toesies living in MN wearing flops until Nov 4th. Why? Well, one thing about me is that I am horrible at packing. My idea of packing consists of throwing stuff in a box and duct tape. I have all my stuff in a storage unit right now that looks like a game of tetris (thanks Mr and Mrs Wirth!) and I forgot that I might need a coat and shoes when I get back. None of my friends offered to get their prophetic gift on and help me figure out where my shoes were. After awhile, I think it got to be a game with me to see how long I could last. It was pretty cold going out on the street for this Kings Banquet thing that I was apart of on Saturday. We went out on the streets and 300+ people were inviting people to this 4 course meal to reenact Luke 14.16-24. ...600 loved ones showed up off the streets and from the homeless shelters. So we were out in downtown Minneapolis for a few hours outside handing out invites and praying for people and oh my the toesies were cold. I also think I didn’t want to go back in my storage and see all my stuff. Bah. So much stuff. To unpack.
So the past few weeks my mind as been on unpacking. Physically and of course, spiritually. Unpacking. Cherishing memories and remembering the hard ones with faces that haunt me. I can understand why people would rather carry their “stuff” rather then unpack it. Process it. Give it back to Jesus. To give “your stuff” back to Jesus, you would actually need to be with him. The secret place. How often do we run and get busy so we don’t have to deal with whatever situation we are in. You know, sometimes, I think Jesus would just LOVE to be with us. I know we all know that we don’t need an agenda to be in the secret place. We have to have time there though to get through the junk so we can be with Him. Years ago when I was in a deep healing season, I would sit with sloaking (soaking/sleep--shout out to Or!) music on, close my eyes and just cry. No words, No agenda. But somehow, stuff would process. Parts of me would want to run because I was so used to running and being busy to that I wouldn’t have to deal with “the stuff” but something else would just draw me there. I was created for the secret place.
You know, I think there is a culture that has left the wondering to google. We don’t have things to wonder about. How does the world turn? Is the world flat? We don’t sit and wonder. Everything seems for the most part already been created and figured out(unless Jesus Lovers get back to getting access into the creativity nature of God and not the creativity of instagram...which by the way I do love a good instagram pic. i just wanted to make you smile) We don’t wonder anymore. One thing we can wonder about is our Father. We can discover more about His nature. I love to wonder about the places and things that Jesus did. Two summers ago, I was called into discovering more about Jesus in a whole new way. I realized that I wanted to know Him more. I freaked out my roomie (sorry, Zee!) by printing like 20 photos of what people said Jesus should look like and then hung them on wire on this belt. On one side of the wall I wrote on sticky notes what I knew about Jesus and then on the other side, I started going through the scriptures and writing what it told me about Jesus and what He said about Himself. My bed faced this Jesus faces wall and sometimes when I would wake up I would freak out because the glare from the light would make the faces not look like Jesus :) But during this time, I really started to wonder. I pondered. So these past few weeks, I have wondered about Jesus and his secret place. Like in Luke 6, it says that “Jesus went to the mountain side to pray” and then goes on to say that He prayed all night. Next verse? He calls the 12 disciples. I’m like...wait. Hold up. The Son of God just spent 24 hours praying and that is all you are going to tell,Luke? That He prayed? Lamesauce. At first I wondered why no one ever went into depth about what Jesus did there. 24 hours is a long time. Going to a mountain to pray is a long way. Did He rock back and forth? Did he sing? Did he dance? I bet He laughed :) Did He wait? How much did He talk? I bet we never find out what He did because then that would be the only way we would think WE could go to the Father. Which then brings us to the point of boiling it down to relationships. I guess since we are all becoming like Jesus, the way we go to our secret place would probs be the way He would go...That makes me smile.
Well I was going to title this blog “My thoughts on the upcoming election” and trick you into reading something that has nothing to do about the election but all this talk about Jesus made my heart smile so no joke for you :)
Lovey yous!
No comments:
Post a Comment