I never know if I should talk about the whole awkward time laspe from one post to the other or just start writing *shurgs* I kinda enjoy the awkward moments...So here I am. Hi. I’m back.... for now ;)
I just spent some time about four hours up North (three and a half for me depending on if I drive) right by Ely, MN. Look on a map. It’s up there. Right by the boundary waters. Where garage sales become rummage sales, kids can safely play outside and wander around, and where small cute dogs are in danger at night because of the hungry wolves or bears that wander around town. Where two lane roads go down to one, stoplights don’t exist, and the woods are just a short walk away. I grew up going there. People turn into Grandmas who have the best gardens and can bake what I can only imagine would be a taste of heaven. Other people turn into Grandpas where trips to the sauna occur, they can fix just about about anything, and tell jokes that will make you grab your sides from laughing. My grandparents live up there so it’s always a treat to go and visit them. Summer trips involve watching baby eagles jumping up and down in their nest and flapping their wings while you keep one eye on your fishing rod just below. Your body slowing swaying to the movement of the water rocking the boat. Waiting. Hoping. Wondering when the line will taunt and dance on your fingertip so that you release it and let that dream of a delicious walleye that would eat your glow-in-the-dark-neon-live worm become a reality. Sometimes you win the fight and get a fish in...sometimes it’s just the bottom of the lake. Sometimes, it’s a stinkin rock bass. I hate those stinkin rock bass. They are full of worms and bones. Stinkin rock bass. My grandpa taught me a lot of what there is to know about fishing. How much line to let out, how to get the fish in the boat, when to yank your pole or when to let the line keep going out. He always gets the quarters we bet for the first fish or the largest fish. To be honest, most times, my grandpa gets both. :)
One of the traditions while I am up there is at night time, when it is dark outside, my grandma and I will go out on the deck at their house. When it’s a clear sky, we will watch the twinkling stars and satellites crossing the sky (told you it was way up North). We watch the bats come out to swoop around by our heads eating the real vampires of the night (mosquitoes). This night that we came out, the sky was overcast and so we just went out to watch the flight show that the bats would put on. As soon as we were out there, we heard this loud screeching sound. It sounded like a child learning how to play the oboe (me in fifth grade). My grandma knew that sound was coming from a frog. It was so loud we decided to follow the sound and see if we could see this sucker. So off we went giggling into the neighbors yard looking for this frog. We ended up finding him behind this shed but this frog was a smarty pants frog and ducked into this little pool of water from all the rainfall from the previous days. The rest of the night while we were out there, that frog squawked and sang off key.
I can almost bet you from past experience that the loud noise coming from that frog belonged to a tiny lil body. It has always been the case. Tiny frog, loud bold voice...so loud that it can keep up up for half the night. Who knows what that frog is squawking about. It’s not a chirp like the other normal size frogs make. They have to be trying to make up for their littleness by being so loud. It made me ponder how sometimes we can have a frog mentality. We make all this noise and squawk around. Keeping people up at night from the hateful things we say or even just pointless things we say. Sometimes we just say the silliest things. Maybe we make so much noise so that people will think we are someone different ...that we aren’t this tiny little person that we believe we are. What I think people forget is that there is this King that wants to grab us little loud frogs and give us a sloppy wet kiss. That kiss will change us. That kiss from Him will take us out of our frog suits and place us as the royal prince and princess that we are. And what could come out of our mouths could bring life and not curse people. What we say would capture hearts and what we bless in His name will flourish. We wouldn’t be these racket makers anymore. We would find our own inner songs to bring to this desperate world. <Insert proverbs>
I had dinner with my daddy last night and he was sharing about how whatever is in people, when God’s presence falls really heavy on people, will come out of them. So if it’s rascals (demons) inside of a person, they will come out and where there is pain or hurt, that will surface. There is a loud sound in that tiny frog put there for a reason. It’s just distorted. We were created to make sound, we were created to sing the life songs that are in our hearts, we just need to see who we really are. Well do you know what is in you? What I am sure that most of us desire goods things coming out.Joy....Peace.....and Love. I want my words to drip with the Love of Christ. That hope will ring in people’s ears after I leave and that the Holy Spirit would leave His fingerprints where ever I go.

No comments:
Post a Comment