I have been voted the worst driver in my family. I totally beg to differ. I think I would describe myself as more of a city driver. I just always seem to be in the front of a car pack on the road or making my way up to the front. Sure, I don't really have the favor of cars. I have some of the most bizarre stories from totaling a car from driving over a wheel barrow to getting a u haul stuck in a drive thru at a bank(I m still shocked it didn't fit). I have a very close relationship with AAA. (Thanks for the membership, Daddy) My personality doesn't like to be confined in a box and that also goes into my driving, I guess. In India, a friend said to me " you see those two lanes? To an Indian, We see five" I like that. (Ps. I m in India right now)
As others do, I love to drive aimlessly around. I usually do this at night leaving from a party or friends house. I love just driving. The lights of certain cities leading the way into unknown neighborhoods. Just to drive around. Sometimes I blast music and other times it's just listening to the song in my heart. It's kinda a redemption thing for me too. I was part of the underground society that only came out at night. I spent a lot time in cars. At one point, I would get very anxious if I wasn't sitting in a car because I had been in one for so long. The car was my home.
But now, I just drive.
With my non-existent favor with cars, it would only make sense that this summer I would get trapped into the season of road construction. A lot. Bah.

I remember driving one night through the city and as I looked ahead I saw all these red tail lights which means I was going to be stuck again in traffic. No way to maneuver around. I would be stuck. I had this dread wash over me. I recognized this sense associated to something else though. This sense of dread was something that I would occasionally feel when I would look ahead to my future. Not knowing how to how to get "there" and seeing all these road blocks in my way. To be honest, I m not really sure where "there" is. I just wanna get "there". SeƱor Holy Spirit took that opportunity to speak to me and whispered in my heart " just move ahead one car at a time"
Ah ha.
That phrase again. I think it's good that we look ahead and dream but not to the extent that we don't realize the steps that we need to take now. Looking a few "cars" ahead isn't as impossible as looking down as far as you can see with a sea of red tail lights. I can position myself in a certain " lane" to get "there" but I still gotta see what the next move is in front of me.
Through the years I have come across people that were so focused on the "there" they weren't willing to put in the time of learning how to get "there" they were so caught up in the thought of their large ministry or fabulous job that they would have. Their eyes wouldn't allow them to realize that most every ministry or company started was with small first steps. How do you think character is built?
Right when I came back to The Lord, I had some woman tell me "take one step at a time". At that point in my life, I wanted to silly slap her. But now, I get it.
I'm willing to take those small "steps" unless I m in India crossing the street. My first experience consisted of holding hands with someone while screaming/laughing/running for my life. #boom
As others do, I love to drive aimlessly around. I usually do this at night leaving from a party or friends house. I love just driving. The lights of certain cities leading the way into unknown neighborhoods. Just to drive around. Sometimes I blast music and other times it's just listening to the song in my heart. It's kinda a redemption thing for me too. I was part of the underground society that only came out at night. I spent a lot time in cars. At one point, I would get very anxious if I wasn't sitting in a car because I had been in one for so long. The car was my home.
But now, I just drive.
With my non-existent favor with cars, it would only make sense that this summer I would get trapped into the season of road construction. A lot. Bah.
I remember driving one night through the city and as I looked ahead I saw all these red tail lights which means I was going to be stuck again in traffic. No way to maneuver around. I would be stuck. I had this dread wash over me. I recognized this sense associated to something else though. This sense of dread was something that I would occasionally feel when I would look ahead to my future. Not knowing how to how to get "there" and seeing all these road blocks in my way. To be honest, I m not really sure where "there" is. I just wanna get "there". SeƱor Holy Spirit took that opportunity to speak to me and whispered in my heart " just move ahead one car at a time"
Ah ha.
That phrase again. I think it's good that we look ahead and dream but not to the extent that we don't realize the steps that we need to take now. Looking a few "cars" ahead isn't as impossible as looking down as far as you can see with a sea of red tail lights. I can position myself in a certain " lane" to get "there" but I still gotta see what the next move is in front of me.
Through the years I have come across people that were so focused on the "there" they weren't willing to put in the time of learning how to get "there" they were so caught up in the thought of their large ministry or fabulous job that they would have. Their eyes wouldn't allow them to realize that most every ministry or company started was with small first steps. How do you think character is built?
Right when I came back to The Lord, I had some woman tell me "take one step at a time". At that point in my life, I wanted to silly slap her. But now, I get it.
I'm willing to take those small "steps" unless I m in India crossing the street. My first experience consisted of holding hands with someone while screaming/laughing/running for my life. #boom
No comments:
Post a Comment