One fall evening, I had just left a coffee shop in Uptown after meeting with one of my favorites, Ninja E. We had just developed vital plans for our survival with included massive amounts of laughter and steps for world domination. So, I was flying high.
Driving away, i was really drawn to one the lakes in Uptown. Usually, I would never get out of my car in the dark and walk around the paths alone. But this time, the dark waters dancing on the moonlight’s path kept drawing me in. So I parked my car and like any girl alone at night, made a weapon of mass destruction out of my car keys. In some twisted way, it makes me feel safe if someone would ever jump out of the woods and grab me, I’m packing ...heat...? Maybe packing “ tiny flame” would be a better term.
The funny thing is, if that ever would really happen, where someone would jump out and grab me, I really wonder what I would do and how much car keys would be in my greatest defense. I mean, really. I have a no kill zone in my office where all living creatures besides zombie biting ladybugs are allowed to live in peace. When a couple of box elder bugs turned into over 30, I really teared up and had to leave the room while my mom had to go into my peaceful Utopia zone and kill the nest of boxelder bugs...WHO KNEW those suckers reproduce like rabbits and have the ability to hide in folders. So if I can’t harm the bitty creatures, I wonder how good I would do harming a larger living creature.
Anyway, so armed and now considering myself to be dangerous, i make it to the beach. Perfect. I sat down on my blanket in the shadows like any ninja would do to stay hidden, near the side of the beach that had a wall of bushes and trees.
Becoming hypnotized by the sounds and movement of the water, slowly my defenses started to subside. Suddenly, right next to me, the bushes started shaking violently and this loud cry starts to come from the area right next to me. Though the darkness, this huge dark shadow starts to loom towards me.
My first thought? Ohmygoddnes, there is such thing as BigFoot.
My second thought? Oh crap, why did I put my weapon in my pocket. Weapons don’t go in pockets. I am paralyzed with fear.
As this beast of burden is coming right at me, my eyes are still adjusting to the deep darkness of the night, I realize that it was this girl and she is almost on all fours, in this awkward position of being on all fours and slightly running. She runs right ...to....me.
Now realizing that this wasn’t Bigfoot, I just braced myself for contact and as she bulldozes into me and the oddest thing happens. She plows her head on my lap, clinging onto me, and just starts to sob. Now, at this moment, I’m thinking the worst. Hysterical girl comes out of the forest of Uptown. What happened? Is she okay? Is she hurt? Is Bigfoot her sugar daddy? What? So I’m leaning down, telling her that she is safe and asking her what happened.
It took her awhile to settle down. But eventually, the story comes out. She had a nightmare. She was sleeping in the woods area because she was homeless. This girl was young but I could tell the time that she had already spent on the street was aging not only her physical appearance but also her heart.
I had her explain the dream and then offered to help her interpret it all the while pinching myself because my brain is trying to play catch up to the events that just had happened. It was just ten minutes ago, i was alone on a beach, it was just nine minutes ago, I thought I saw bigfoot, and then it was just minutes later, I now have a homeless girl crying in my lap. In the dark. On a beach.
I started asking questions and really just listened to her all the while stepping back and leaning on senor holy spirit waiting to get the deets on how to handle this and who she really was.
After some time passed by, with her head still in my lap, I got my chance. I told her things I know some praying parent would want me to say, I got to shove hope down her throat which was so used to booze that she kept spiritually dry heaving. But finally it stayed down and then I got the privilege to watch as the Love of the Father touched her bruised and hungry heart while we prayed.
I could have ran from that situation or even believed that it truly was bigfoot. If I would have done that, I wouldn’t have gotten the chance to see another one of our Father’s favorite treasures. In my own understanding, thought it was a beast, but here was a queen in my path ready for love.
I am continually learning how my quick judgements of people and situations if not aligned with the Kingdom of God, can easily dissuade me from calling down Heaven and releasing whatever Senor Holy Spirit has for those people.
I was one of “those” people. Covered in dirt and lost. I am so thankful for the people in my life that saw who I really was and continued to fight for me to walk into my true identity as a daughter and warrior princess. Even now, my crown my be slightly tilted. But that’s the way I like it. <insert some funny ghetto slang term>
When you see possible Bigfoot sightings in your life, you never know until you look with Heaven’t eyes who they really are. You think you see a monster but it also could just be a scared child who had a nightmare...or a really hairy person.

No comments:
Post a Comment