Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Beach City







Tons of adorable shops along the coast with brightly colored umbrellas painting the white sandy beach. You are enticed to quiet your own thoughts so that you can listen to the rolling waves that dance upon the shoreline.

Around noon, this city starts to wake up. The daytime offers what would seem to be a desired destination vacation  but by late afternoon, the underground world starts to seep in. Younger and younger girls are seen with older white men and even more girls begin to trickle in on the boardwalk to place themselves under the palm trees. The daydreams of little girls turn into twisted nightmares. Other girls and boys are released from their cages to go take their place at the bars, streets, nightclubs, and under the palm trees. Thousands of them.

While some are afraid of the dark….I think that’s the best place to let The Light shine.

Portable nail stations in hand and our love gifts stuffed in bags hanging off our shoulders, we met this underground world, yet again.

It took only asking one girl to sit down with us which showed the other girls that we were safe so they placed their hands into ours. I remember hearing little gasps as we took our place on the dirty boardwalk. We were sitting lower than them (who is considered lower then dirt for what they are forced to do) It was time for them to feel Love.

It took only one girl to realize heaven was invading this place. I learned about six year ago in Brazil, when heaven manifests itself, it’s better to just sit back and go with it. So I watched as it took only one girl to turn into countless others. We didn’t need to go and find more girls. It took one girl telling her friends, who told their friends, where it spread the word all up and down the boardwalk what we were doing. Our group actually turned into quite the attraction. We had multiple tourists videotaping us as they walked by.

At one point, I had one very shy ladyboy come sit in front of me. Her eyes were filled with so much fear, I knew that she was waiting for me to chase her off and reject her. I looked straight into her eyes and just smiled. “Your turn!” She slowly puts her hands by me and looked at me again, I knew that she was almost ready to run. Again, I just looked deep into her eyes while my heart was praying that she sees Jesus and I just smile. She says shyly “big ugly hands” and I shake my head. “They are just fine” I tell her while I grab them and hold on.

A few minutes later, one of the girls ask “Why are you doing this for us?” My heart smiles as I noticed everyone quiets down to listen to my answer.

"We do this because we love you. The gifts you are receiving with a note in them are
 because we  received a gift by a man named Jesus....."  
 
 


Our team is now back in the states. Thanks to all that prayed, loved, and supported us. I’ll post some pictures later. As you can imagine, we didn’t take a lot due to the sensitivity of where we were.

I would love for you to join Arise!  this Fall if you are in the area:


October 4-5, 2013
“Beloved Daughter, Mighty Warrior” (for women only)
Location: Des Moines, IA


http://www.lutheranrenewal.org/conference13/

 

October 25-26, 2013

“Signed, Sealed, Delivered…We’re His!” (for women only)
Location: Omaha, NE

http://www.thanks-giving.org/womens_conference_october2013/334.html


 






No comments:

Post a Comment