Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rainstorm Painting Parties

With all the donations that we took in, I decided that we were going to make packaged love gifts to the girls in the red light districts. So we dumped the three full suitcases out and had a packing party. We were able to make 87 gifts for the girls.  I had bought these plastic bins which turned into our portable nail station that held the nail polish that the girls could chose from ( I'd like to thank seƱor Holy Spirit and my ghetto flair for that idea) and so with time in worship and prayer we gathered our things in our room ....and then KABOOM. Yep...that was thunder and the down pour started. Shame Mother Nature, shame.  Of course when there are three or more Christians in a weather storm someone has to take authority and bind/speak to the storm.  But Mother Nature plugged her ears and mooned us. So after waiting about 15 mins (which is a long storm for Bangkok) we....went...to bed.  Shabba. ;) 


But don't worry, that's not the end of this trip. The next time we went out, of course we split into two groups ( like having a group of ten women walk into one place wouldn't be obvious that we were up to something    and also scare the girls....Lets be honest, I would even freak out if I had ten  mostly white women in a group come up to me.) 

It was so cute to see a line of women holding these purple plastic bins with a plastic bag hanging from their arm filled with presents as we walked single file down the street. 

We really had a ton of favor at the second go go bar in fact the first women that wanted her nails done was the bar mom who watches the girls so we knew we were "in". And then the lines came. I think my group painted about 20 girls nails. Girls were even coming out in robes after their dancing set from behind the black curtain to pick a color and sit down with us. We laughed, talked, and prayed all under the neon lights almost forgetting this wasnt a living room sleep over party but a red light district. The young 16 year old girls and women in their 30s were so open to us. We would all cheer and come around the girls new colored nails and then the next girl would come sit down. I remember at one point, just laughing because we had probs 15girls surrounding us we couldn't even see the tables of men that were wondering where the girls were. We lasted about two hours before the owner came and wondered what was happening and then we had to leave. Hee hee! 

The last few days we have spent our days in prayer rooms having the opportunity to minister to around 40 rescued women. I'll share more on that later. 

The next three days we will be out in the streets. Would love your prayers...and if any of you have the anointing to bind storms, I would really appreciate your prayers. Apparently, our group does not have that favor....and i hate using umbrellas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment